Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Overcoming Stage Fright

This was a great overview of presenting in front of a group. While I wouldn't choose death over giving a presentation, I would agree that it's not one of my favorite things to do. I think preparation has been one of the most effective steps I have taken and continue to take when having to give a presentation. If I know I am well prepared and know the material well, I may still be nervous but can often hide it a little bit easier.

Nothing makes presenting in front of a group easier than practice! I found Toastmasters to be a very good resource for this too. You are right about the preparation though, it is much easier to be relaxed and confident when you know you are prepared!

I think for me it's knowing my audience. This makes it easier to prepare what you're going to say and it doesn't sound scripted. When you know your audience well, you will be more at ease and understand how to present the material in a way that will be well received.

know your subject. the more confident you are in the subject you're speaking about, the easier it will be to speak, regardless of the size of the audience, in my experience.

I agree being prepared is a must. I also believe that if you make your presentation interesting and fun, it will add to your confidence. If you will enjoy being in the audience so will your students.

thanks

Sign In to comment