Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Presentation

What if the material that you present cannot be spiced up

Then find a way to simplify it

Try to relate the topic to something the group is interested in. When I teach Word formatting I use a resume an example showing the before and after affect of good formatting.

Try putting your self in the audiences place and asking what would make the topic interesting.

Ask someone from another disipline how they view the topic.

You can always ask for feedback from the audience or conduct a short survey. It is more important to know that their expectations have been met. You may be able to spice it up with testamonials, demonstrations, and pictures. Ask questions to your audience. Get them involved. Make it their obligation. I've found they retain more when they realize their responsibility to you.

Good question. I remember when I was doing my student teaching in college, I had to teach the different forms of city government - YAWN!!!! I asked my master teacher and together we came up with a board game the students to play to help them learn. It worked really well! Sometimes you just have to turn the rules around and let the audience teach themselves.

Sign In to comment