Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Effective Presentation

I have joined a public speaking organization to help me with my presentation in the classroom.

Before I became an Instructor I was an Insurance Agent so I had to make presentations to every size group...two major things that I learned...1 Know your product 2 The audience does not know your product so if you mess up know one will know but you...just continue and corret it later... If you say it the right way(tone)people will believe. You must emphasize words using your tone. It will grasp the audience attention.

To be effective, yes! one must know the subject, but one has to be able to reach the audience with the subject. If you do not make the information easy to understand and make your self approachable, you will lose your audience no matter how well you know the subject. In my years as a Instructor I have found out that the best way to reach your audience is to be approachable, your style is everything.

If you have always been nervous in front of your peers, that was a good idea for you to join the organization. What will also help your presentation is what has been pointed out--know your stuff but be able to TEACH it.

Alot of us have had instructors that KNEW it but could not TEACH it. Think about what you would want to know on the subject, and be willing to backtrack if you see alot of question marks on people's faces. If I know that a speaker or teacher is willing to explain further or even re-teach, that will keep my attention until the end.

This is a good point! Sometimes I am concerned that I will take that route where I know the information but cannot truly relay the information in a way that the students can comprehend the material. This is a good post to remember that instead of just "knowing", we must be able to properly teach the information as well.

Sign In to comment