Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

writting made easy

i think everybody should write so that its understandable for others to read

The writting should be right to the point and with words that everybody will understand and know what you are talking about. Being a retired Chief of Police, and when I had to post a paper for all Officers to read, The subjuct was the first and only point made on the paper.

Planning, writing and revising are important for any communication going out.

Too often, we get caught up with ourselves in our writing and do not think about the end user. If we would all just take a breath and realize that whever it is that we are writing, email, memo, presentation,etc., we would realize this and make adjustments to the finished product.

I agree with you. I think considering the reader is one of the most important keys to successfully getting your message across.

A very good point that was made, "Don't use a twenty dollar word when a ten-cent word is available." I think that is very critical when thinking of the outcome of the purpose (message) It is not necessary to get so caught up in trying to sound "super educated" and risk the chance of the readers or audience not understanding the main purpose/point.

I think the first thing we need to point out is that the word "writing" has only one "t" in it. Also, the author of this tutorial should know that in American documents, periods and commas go inside of quotation marks. We are not in England!

Sign In to comment