Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Communication

Very nice presentation!

I like the way the material is presented and it makes sense. I especially like the way supervisors most effectively communicate various things to their employees. Mostly oral first and written last. If the communication is of a general nature or a long term expectation perhaps the written method is more effective. Norma Thomas Moreno Valley, CA

This information is not only relevant in the teaching environment, but more-so in the other parts of our jobs. Poor communication is really the normal way organizations work, and the source of much waste in the workplace. Teaching our students these communication skills is one of the most difficult and most important lessons they will ever receive, no matter what their vocation.
Clell Ford, Sebring, FL

The difficult part is when to use oral and written both without the people you are communicating aquiring the opinion that you are presureing them or demanding action.

Effective Communication often depends upon effective use of the language. I find that as an instructor I must be very precise in what I say or I am greatly misunderstood. When this happens the topic is compromised. Another area of communication vital to distance learning is proper writing skills. Incorrect sentence structure and spelling can bring about a poor outcome from students. We as instructors get a better response from students when we set a higher example. Thank goodness for spell check and grammar check. I find that the later at night I work the more I need the help.

Please let me know if you have something to add to this topic. It seems rather simple but I have worked very hard to become a better communicator with my students and find it does pay off with more enthusiasm from students to do a good job. Norma Thomas, Moreno Valley, CA

Excellent presentation! Communication in the work
place is essential. This tool will help everyone in the organization to perform accordingly and achieve goals.

I agree. Easy to follow and a nice reinforcement.

Sign In to comment