Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Communicatin Effectively

Communication is about getting your message sent and recieved. The more we practice "good" communication skills, the easier it will be for us to teach, learn, and succeed.

While the onus is on the sender to communicate effectively, one courtesy that helps is for the recepient to acknowledge the communication, even if details may follow only later. This would be specially true for written / email communications. I believe that closes the communication loop at the first contact.

I have to disagree with you on this one. The receiver should send an acknowledgement back to the sender letting him/her know the message was received. A simple "OK" or thanks will do. The responsiblity should rest with the receiver not the sender.

At some point I have to agree with you, I was always told that communcation is a two way street. And the only form of understanding what is needed to get across is commucation and if a person does not reply back to the person who is sending information then the point of commucation stops, and no one really knows if the information was recevied and follow though.

Everyone Makes a valid Point.

I agree with your statement Leslie. I also think it is important to not only confirm, but to restate in your own words so the communicator knows you are on the same page. I think this annoys my boss sometimes, but I make sure I understand exactly what he is asking before going ahead with something.

In an online setting communication is more of a challenge. It is best to provide lots of feedback and support to the students. Make them aware of how to reach you and that you are there for them.

Communication from the boss should be to all employees, not just a few and be consistent.

I agree with you.

Communication skills are necessary in the classroom, on the job, and interacting with others socially. Expressing oneself clearly and stating necessary information is vital for anyone.

The sender must communicate effectively, to ensure the recepient understood clearly, in order to respond or take correct actions.

I agree. Communication is very essential in everyday life, personal and professional. Everyone needs to practice and continue to make their communication skills more effective to be able to have successfully interact with others.

It always helps to repeat communication as well to make sure that everyone has a full change to absorb all of the information.

Sign In to comment