Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

communication

the use of power point during a lecture helps me communicate easier

Do you use Power Point for most of your classroom discussions or are you using other methods to help your students? I use them as well but find that people don't get as involved in a discussion so I like using other methods as well.

I use power points but I find that I have to broaden the presentation to cover all the info.

I have found Power Point to be very useful in the classroom. It stimulates two senses, hearing (instructor lecturing) and vision (outlines, diagrams, pictures, etc).

Power Point has also helped me stay on track as I present class content. It allows me to cover a lot of information in a very small amount of time (by giving students "handouts").

I have also encountered some difficulty with Power Point. Certain classrooms I teach in are not physically set up properly (screen is too low, students sit too far back, desks are not all facing the same direction).

I have also found that students tend to "drift away" when the lights are turned off and are less likely to interact with instructor.

I have learned I must include all factors (lecture content, physical location, class size) when deciding to use Power Point for a particular class.

A power point presentation is a good tool to keep a discussion on track.

Power Point also helps me stay on track when I lecture. I do find that I need to provide additional lecture time on some topics.

At our school the instructors use powerpoint
along with lecture, spaces are left in the
powerpoint for students to fill in the blank
and the instructor verbally fills in a lot of
blanks, the powerpoint is an outline used to
organize the class lecture, not so much as
the primary source of information. White boards
are also provided for the instructors to augment
notes and diagrams.

Sign In to comment