Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Videos

Videos are a useful technique for training, butas the test reveals, they don't always adress the topic in the most relevant way or hit in the most concentrated way.

I believe that vidoes can be helpful if they keep the students attention. Many times students loose interest

I too believe that videos are helpful in moderation. It is up to the teacher or facilitator to create new and interesting ways to keep the students interested. I use debate sessions where one group must defend a point from the video and the other group must argue against. I also do alot of small group work and question/presentation sessions where I pose a question and students have a limited amount of time to create a presentation on the question. By using the videos as a tool rather than the main focus, the students interest can be held longer.

I also feel that videos are an excellent tool for communication.

I try to limit videos to no more than 15-20 mins lapses at a time to keep students attention. In between videos I generate a small discussion.

Yes, the videos should be kept short. I would even say not to go over 15 minutes. I like to use videos that are under 10 minutes.

Sign In to comment