Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Effective Communication

Good communication is a major area of opportunity in the department where I work. We spend so much time sending emails and holding meetings that I believe we often overcommunicate instead of effectively communicating. What that has led to is employees deleting emails before reading them and a lack of interest in attending meetings. Moving forward, I think it's important to have more of a game plan on how to effectively communicate with the team during meetings and keeping emails down to a minimum.

Yes, I work for a technical college and we spend a lot of time communicating through memos and emails regarding upcoming evemts, schedules, department meetings and human resource updates and etc. Effective communication skills is necessary in everyday life and on the job.

I AGREE. GOOD COMMUNICATION IS AN AREA THAT ALL COMPANIES SHOULD TAKE THE TIME TO EXPLORE.

I agree!

Having an open dialogue with staff is essential. It promotes a positive work environment that could be embraced by all.

Regards,
Orlando Rivero

Yes, all firms should embrace communication, but some don't and at the all will suffer to employers/employees.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
Orlando Rivero

I agree, effective communication need to apply and not just a communication for the sake of communicating.

At any work place the goal of communication should be mutual understanding and finding a solution that pleases every employee and the supervisor. Maybe this doesn’t work in every situation, but we need to try to stay connected with our co-workers. The workplace can be a far better place to be if we consciously sprinkle our communication with positive feedback.

I couldn't agree more. It seems the required weekly meetings we hold go against the "effective" communication training we recieve. Which I find kind of amusing, and frustrating when I am forced to go to a meeting that is just because we are supposed to have one. While it helps with people understanding when it is and creating a habit of it, it is sometimes a waste of time.

Sign In to comment