Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Email

At conferance one of the pointers I learned is not only put your subjust in the topic- but also pit (EOM) End of message letter the reader know your meassage is done.

When I receive eMails I scan the Originator and Subject line to gage the criticality and value of taking time to open and read it at that time.

Once opened, I skim for key information. This is where visuaql impaqct design is helpful. I do not appreciate it when I have to work too hard to understand the message and expectations of me.

If the Subject is repeated at the end of the eMail for emphasis or clarity of purpoise and required actions, that woul be alright with me. If it is repeated soley to identify the end of the message content I would be insulted and find it an unnecessary redundancy.

A proper closing such as "I eagerly await your reply" or simply "Regards" would do just fine.

Repeating the main idea of an Email at the end of the Email is a good idea, and it can help the reader ensure that they understood the purpose of the Email and what is being asked of them.

Sign In to comment