Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The Team Coach

Are the coaching strategies you would use for a team the same, or different, from those you would use with an individual? If different, how? Please explain your choice.

There would be situations where you would use the same strategies, however, if it is a personal issue that is involved, I would use a different strategy.

I think they are a little different. With the team you can get a project up and running and with some strong team members it will flow and take off. In the team, if a member is lacking skills or doesn't understand is where the coaching skills really come into play.

I believe most of the coaching strategies I would use for a team would be similar to what I would use for an individual in spirit, however since everyone has different roles on a team there are times when coaching strategies would shift to bringing the group together and empowering each within group sessions to further mutual respect, understanding and respect. Additionally I think that part of teach coaching relies on leading group brain storming sessions which is quite different than individual coaching

Sign In to comment