Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Team Members

I has been said a leader should be able follow as well as lead, but if the people who the leader is leading it is very hard for the leader to follow. So the point of every getting on borad of the company mission, in my option should be key.

Carol,

I am hoping that you can clarify your post for me. Are you saying that it is more important for leaders to be able to follow as well as articulate the company mission? I would love to discuss this idea more, once I understand your position more clearly.

Dr. Jamie Morley

I think this would cause an ineffective leader. This is more like a hands-off approach, and even if teams effectively do their work, they still need some guidance. Leaders should allow team members to make decisions and have mutual accountability. However, leaders also need to know when to make assessments and adjustments to keep members on track.

Breane,

It sounds like you prefer an open management style where managers give wide latitude to people that are performing well. What are some of the benefits and drawbacks of this style?

Dr. Jamie Morley

Sign In to comment