Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Managing Difficult Employees

How should I deal with employees who are overall enthusiastic, and motivated, but make reoccurring mistakes without making them feel as though they are being attacked? We have tried re-training several times but have not been able to get consistent, lasting results for simple procedural errors.

I understand this challenge. The process that I have taken was creating and action plan for this particular individual. We chose 3 goals to work on and outlined how to achieve the goals. A "by when" date was also included in the plan. This allowed both my employee and I see exactly what needed to improve and by when. This holds them accountable and gives them the opportunity to grow professionally. To avoid having them feel "attacked" this process happens with all of my employees. It shows them that you are invested in their growth and success with the company.

Given that the employee is enthusiastic and motivated and yet after several times no consistent or lasting results is happening maybe there is a need to reevaluate his technical competency vis a vis the current position he is holding.

Sign In to comment