Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Vision

I really got taken back with the vision part of this training. More often I have only heard vision from the entire company. I am going to impose a vision for my department that is in line with the company but with more apprehensive and direct results from my department. Meaning, I will put together a specific vision for my department goals and simple to understand. The art of leading was very informative, I believe being a coach and having a pacesetting agenda combined is the best plan of action to move a successful team toward the goals of the department. I found this training stimulating and I’m excited to apply what I’ve learned. Ask yourself "How can I change to be a better learder and not be seen as a manager?"

Bruce,
glad it was helpful. And I do think it's important that you, as leader, have a vision that is "closer" to your employees as then they can see how they fit in on a daily basis.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

I really benefitted form the vision portion as well. I find that I regualrly repeat something a CO said to me when I was working as an EMT, "improvise, adapt and overcome". When questioned by the students that have come to me with missed time or assignments we talk about what stopped them from coming to school and what they can plan for in the future to make sure that they get the grades they deserve. In my department we set a goal of 100% attendance and make sure that outcomes for each week is visible to staff and students so that the climate of the school can reflect the professionalism that we all strive to convey.

Sign In to comment