Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I belive that for one to be a sucessfull manager he/she must learn to be a good leader.

Lloyd,
I agree & they are different skill sets so a need to develop both skill sets is essential.

Dr. Ryan Meers

Although there are significant differences in management styles, I believe it is very important for a manager to be a good leader. A manager who lacks the leadership qualities will only provide minimal support which can cause low morale and/or high turnover rate. A manager with the necessary leadership skills not only has the ability to coordinate the work of several individuals, but also will provide employees with a vision and keep them motivated and focused on a common goal.

Rita,
I would agree that a manager should strive to be a good leader as well, yet there are differences in the skill sets & we need to develop both.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

Leadership and management is like a perfect marriage. Both have a place in the decision making of any organization. You lead by example and manage by doing.

Richard,
they are definitely both key skill sets & to try to say either/or really is a false dichotomy.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

Sign In to comment