Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Project Software

Have any of the class members had experience with MS Office Project software? Is there a tutorial or other resource for learning the basics of the software?

Phill,

There are many resources for learning MS Project. There are some tutorials available through Microsoft. A quick search on the Internet and you'll find many resources including YouTube videos. One resource that I'd recommend worth considering is Lynda.com as they provide tutorials on all types of software and you can learn as much or as little as you want based on monthly/annual subscriptions.

Dr. Eric Goodman

I've made students compare and contrast BaseCamp and Activcollab 2 different project management softwares. They can research it online but they can also get the 30 day free trials.

Lorena,

That is great to hear and a wonderful activity for students. I'm wondering what the conclusions were about the two products?

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Eric Goodman

Lorena's class is on break (winter holiday) but we're will be team teaching next term regarding this. Same project, 2 classes, same objective of course, but different software. We're trying to get more students involved this way. We'll see if this works.

mary,

That is great to hear! It will be interested to learn how it goes. Keep us posted and thanks!

Dr. Eric Goodman

Sign In to comment