Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Corporate Culture

Having completed my dissertation on Corporate Culture, I would like to interject something I've found to be important. Quite often during projects that take a long time to complete (more than 8 months)it becomes very important to bring the whole team back together at critical touch-points to remind them why the project is happening. The Project Leaders need to remind team members of the company culture, it's mission and vision. Often, team members become tired or distanced from the project goals and deep into their specific taks and details. They forget about the dynamics of a team and how strong they are when working together. Refreshers are critical in keeping momentum for the project and ensuring quality output from beginning to end.

Cheryl ,

I'm pleased to see you bring in the concept of culture to the discussion. There are obviously a number of different norms and beliefs that reinforce (or not) the types of processes/activities that support healthy team functioning! Team dynamics as you suggest is a critical component to projects!

Dr. Eric Goodman

Team dynamics are key to success! I think that including team outings that get everyone together outside of the work/project help keep tension and stress level down.

Adrienne,

Great point and what do you think those outings achieve in terms of the dynamics? I'm also wondering if you've ever ran into
a situation where certain people don't want to participate in outings outside of work?

Dr. Eric Goodman

Cheryl,
How many meetings do you consider adequete so that the project's progress is communicated to the rest of the organization, especially to leadership? Daily, Weekly, Monthly as needed?
I realize it is affected by the stated length of the project, but can one be too detailed and insist on reporting every little step, or should it be just a recap of what has occured in a given time frame?

Sign In to comment