Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

rubric issues

I really appreciated how the module conveys the deep need for very detailed planning of rubrics. I have created a number of online courses and the rubric is a very involved tool to create but well worth the effort --- really important for the student to know what to expect for course outcomes and so on.

Heidi,

Glad you enjoyed the course/module information. You are so right in that rubrics are worth the effort. They are worth it from the students' and instructors' point of view. Thanks!

Very true. Thanks again!

I am concerned about supervisors who think that a single rubric can be used for every assignment and shared by several instructors. I am willing to agree to some conformity, but as this course points out, one purpose of a rubric s to give students information about expectations for performance and feedback as to how well those expectations are met.

Sarah,

One rubric can't evaluate everything. They have to be connected to learning objectives. One for all is not realistic. Thanks!

When it comes to an online or in classroom course rubrics are needed. I think that its up to the instructor to provide this very needed information to the students. Even though rubrics are created and can be a lengthy process I think that the information is very helpful to the students. It allows the students to know up front what is exspected of them when it comes to the course and the assignments.

Breezy,

I agree. Rubrics help both the students and the instructor. Take the time to create good rubrics.

Sign In to comment