Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Does any of you have some experience with Dental Courses Rubrics?

I would like to have some feedback about this question because I would like to hear any other ideas about other type of rubrics that will be successful to do other than the Analytical.
I have the tendency to do Analytical rubrics giving detail by detail of what I want to assess.
I think is a great way to do them. But I am also open to new ideas.
I have made them up, but I also will love to see any other rubric from a dental clinical instructor. So I could see what I could be missing.

Jennie,

I'm not in the area of dentistry, but I'm hopeful that others in this course will be and give you the input you need. Thanks!

Jennie:

Dentistry is not my area but you can find rubrics online using any search engine. As noted in section 3 of the course "there are a tremendous amount of resources to help you develop a well thought-out rubric that meets your needs and your students' needs. There are several websites that will help you create one using a generator or will provide a template for you to create your own. Many disciplines provide rubrics that are very specific for certain tasks, knowledge attainment, and skills." Many organizations provide comprehensive assessments of rubrics and supply reliable/valid rubrics. One such organization is the Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U). Good luck! Ricardo

RICARDO and Jennie,

Thanks for continuing the conversation. We all have different courses we teach, but I think you can create a rubric to help with any subject. It may take time, but it's worth the effort.

Sign In to comment