Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

online assessment

I believe that assessing students is important so that you can help them in areas they are struggling with.

Lisa,

How would you use it to evaluate you?

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Do you think online assessments are more effective? I think many students bypass assessments online. I had 10 students in a course and only 1 student returned the evaluation. What do you think is a more effective way?

Roshawna,

I think it takes more reminding. We are testing online student evaluations for everyone f2f and online. It will come as a link in an email. I am already trying to determine a best course of action. I think if there are more "steps" to getting to the link or the assessment the less they are going to do them. It is the click factor.

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Hi Lisa,

I agree with you; however, the question is what type of assessment would best determine if a student is making progress or not. This module discussed objective and subjective assessment methodology. I think that our challenge as instructors is to be cognizant of the fact that students performance may be skewed depending on the type of assessment used.

Augustine,

You make a great point. You want to have a variety assessment. You don't want to make every assessment high stakes.

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Sign In to comment