Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Rubrics: Process vs. knowledge

Does anyone else incorporate process into their grading rubrics? I do so to emphasize the work required to write multiple paper drafts.

Michael,

Yes, I do. I look at process in my formal report. You can include flow, research, coherency. just to name some. It must be evaluated.

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Our terms are four weeks and three days. Students have little time to correct assignments.

Lilia,

Wow, you do have to get through content quickly. It doesn't give much time for feedback and correction. You still want to provide that valuable information that they need to apply to the next assignment.

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Michael,

I do like you. Evaluating those gives the student a better chance to understand what they are doing and how grades are assigned.

Emmanuel,

That is so true. Students need good constructive feedback both positive and negative to determine their changes in learning.

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

I definitely do as one of my assignments (a project) builds upon each lesson in stages. At the completion of the class, they have a benchmark project that demonstrates their effort over the entire class. I find it absolutely necessary to integrate process so they stay on track.

Christopher,

I LOVE THIS!!! You are really constructing learning for them to use along the way. One of my pet peeves is students thinking they will only use the information out of my class for my class. BTW I teach writing. (insert scream here).

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Sign In to comment