Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Scaffolding Tools

Scaffolding tools have always been of great interest to me and I try to use them throughout my courses.  If I can add tools to make the learning easier and assist the student in any way possible I will do it.  I enjoy seeing how other instructors incorporate scaffolding tools in their course.  The design of the course should also be taken into consideration when you are adding scaffolding tools. 

In my active reading class, we use the term intertextuality to have students make connections between and among different texts (with texts being defined as anything you "read").  It is fun to watch them engage their schema to find additional meaning in texts, and then be encouraged to "go out" and find additional resources to help them more fully understand what they are reading.  I'm glad you have found such good scaffolding tools to use.

I agree with the added comments.  Scaffolding tools can be different in my online classroom depending on the type of student.  With different learners you add different learning scaffolds.  I too appreciate how other instructors add tools to help different types of learners.

Sign In to comment