Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Guest Speakers

Should you allow the guest speaker to gage student learning or login an assess the discussion activity?

LaKeisha,
Good question! I love having a guest speaker to give insight, but not sure if I would want them evaluate unless I was going to recreate the class. I would lean more on surveying the students at the end of class.

Shelly Crider

Do you ever incorporate guest speakers in live chats? This sounds like a fun interactive idea!

Denise,
Indeed!!! I have done this a few times. First time I did not have many students, but they did talk it up and I do think others felt like they missed out!

Shelly Crider

This is something of which I desire to do more. Unfortunately, timing can be an issue for many business professionals. Anyone has suggestions regarding such?

Samantha,
You can have your special guest do a YouTube presentation or other presentation that is recorded. This way you can record at a convenient time and play later.

Shelly Crider

I support the idea of inviting guest speakers and allowing them to engage with students via a Live Chat session. It will give the learners an opportunity to hear the course content from another perspective which will break through the mundane monotony. Guest speakers can also provide valuable feedback to student work. However, I don't believe the guest speaker should be responsible for grading the learner's work.

LiKeyasha,
Good point. You as the instructor may be looking for something in the assignment that the guest speaker would not be aware of.

Shelly Crider

Sign In to comment