Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Online Lectures

Lecturing in an online environment needs consideration for the target audience and technology capabilities. When I present healthcare related topics, integrating problem-based learning within the lecture is a wonderful way to optimally reach my audience. I also must understand the limitations of the technology I'm working with. Al-Azri and Ratnapalan (2014) noted that online problem-base learning is a great means of presenting continuing medical education.

Reference

Al-Azri, H., & Ratnapalan, S.(2014). Problem-based learning in continuing medical education: Review of randomized controlled trials. Can Fam Physician. 60(2):157-65.

Heidi,
Good point. We as instructors really have to know our online students as some with have extensive technology experience while others struggle.

Shelly Crider

Nice reference!

I find the best way to engage my on line students is through real world examples to integrate into the classroom. I am a healthcare administrator by day and I have able to bring practical applications to the material I am teaching, therefore re-enforcing the learning objectives.

Diana

Diana,
Students do love the real world examples....this verifies to them why they are spending money on education!

Shelly Crider

Sign In to comment