Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

A Well Written Course is Critical

This was a great part 1. It really shows just how important a well designed course can maintain and keep the interest of the student at the same time making the course fun and less stressful.

Ted,
Less stressful is something we all want....student or instructor!!

Shelly Crider

Hi Shelly, less stress from a course comes from clarity and relevance to the course. Students expect to learn something when they come into the course. Sometimes the content is not what they expected and sometimes it is. It is important and the onset that the goals and content of the course are clear so that the student may move through the course confident and at a reduced stress level. The subject matter expert writing the course must be competent and able to write clearly in terms of the course design. Have you ever taught a course that a module or lesson did not seem relevant to the topic?

David,
I have taken a class when at the end of the module I was scratching my head!!

Shelly Crider

I agree, On line classes should have relevant information so that the student will learn what the course outcome should be. I have taken courses that were not designed well and I walked away not learning the course. Or taking the tests that don't match the course content. That drives me nuts.

Kristina ,
Objectives are NOT overrated!!! We need to push them through to the students as this gives them the WIIFM to move forward.

Shelly Crider

I totally agree. When it comes to eLearning, there are usually factors in place that require the learner to seek this type of learning model. Its imperative that the course content includes relevant and useful information. Information that takes a bit more effort to discover outside the course (this brings more value it).

LiKeyasha,
We all like to see value in a class we are putting our time into.

Shelly Crider

Sign In to comment