Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ease of Use

I think having an easily navigational site is imperative to enhancing the learning environment.

I agree. Sites that are not clearly marked with navigational tools are frustrating and left quickly.

Frustrating is not good. What sites have you been on that you think are good?

Good point. The naviagation throughout a platform can make or break a student and his/her learning.

I agree with your statement, as a user of the internet, anytime a website is poorly designed or not user friendly it I get frustrated and turned off by the site. Therefore if we want to encourage the use of our classroom it must be easily understood and logically developed.

Ease of use is critical to student success in online courses because if they can't easily navigate the platform, they may get discouraged and give up. I have taken online courses where navigational issues were a big problem. For example, I'd go to watch a video and the link would not work, or the video would be fine, but the audio wouldn't work. If it happened once I could understand it, but on several instances I found "glitches" in the course. Time is precious and I don't think anyone wants to waste it trying to figure out how to complete the lesson.

Sign In to comment