Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Software Choices

I am in the position to guide our institution into online learning and am looking for suggestions for software and/or internet-based systems. I have loaded Moodle on my personal server, but am not sure if it has all the things described as far as modules and lessons. Could someone suggest a system, preferable open-source, that would accomplish the goals of this course while remaining accessible to a broad range of users/clients?

Thanks,
Mike Anderson

Mike,

Pretty broad question, but in my opinion if open source is part of your criteria set, then Moodle is the way to go. I use it at my current institution, and it provides a comparable feature-set to commercial LMS products.

Best,

Jon

Thanks, the internal database system we are using for student info has a Moodle API port, just wanted to be sure before recommending purchasing it in addition to what we had before.

Micheal,

Great - there is lots of good Moodle documentation out there as well.

Jon

Hi:
I would like to know if Moodle is a suitable platform for the proprietary school's online course.

Tatyana,

I thinks so - we use it at my institution, and I've worked with several others that are happy with it as well.

Best,

Jon

Hi:
I would like to know what delivery platform is used for his course.
Thenk you.

Tatyana,

Its a customized version of Moodle.

Best,

Jon

I don't have an answer, but a question. Can Moodle be used on personal web sites? I teach where there is no official portal for students, so I have created one myself on my web page, mainly for uploading homework, viewing schedules etc.

Moodle looks like something I would like to try.

Gayle,

Yes, it can - and I've seen faculty use it as a supplement for on-ground classes.

Best,

Jon

Sign In to comment