Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Audio Visual

This is a topic pleasers. Students really get into discussion about something they saw on the internet.

I am not so sure that this question can be answered in the affirmative because it all depends upon what captures the student's attention. Many visual learners are quite ready to discuss what they may have seen as opposed to other learning styles such as kinesthetics or auditory learners.

Audio isn't always neceassary but visuals help to convey a message for all

So true. It really depends on the student. Some are not audio learners and visuals help most of them.

The visuals can carry the message themself, even including
Text-- so I will agree---

What I have found to be very helpful is to assign a documentary that is free to internet users (say for example Frontline PBS documentary on incarceration) and then ask students to discuss certain questions - this provides the "animated" visual aid that is sometimes so important to illustrate a theoretical concept and bring to life a discussion.

Grace,
Ahhhh excellent little assignment you have here!!

Shelly Crider

I agree with you about the audio. An image can also have different point of views from learners.

Yes Paul, they love sharing "news" of the internet; especially with all the media outlets.

Visuals are very helpful especially while teaching courses like Sciences or Biology. Audio Visuals make the classes, online chat sessions more interesting.

Thank you,

Sitara

Sign In to comment