Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I have the course content but how do I make it on-line accessable

Beimg an instructor I have the couse content and the ISD ready for my course. What is the best steps to get in ready to be placed into service on-line. I do not have the skills needed to make the course "on-line".

Bernie,

Does your institution have IT or instructional design to help with that?

Jon

It also takes people with instructional development skills to do it, and of course IT people.

Good points! - JO

Bernie, I would start with a hybrid course and gradually move to a complete on-line course. This will give you the opportunity to do some trial and error.
Fanny

Bernie,

Another opinion is to start from an online class, then shift it to a hybrid format.

Jon

I do agree with those suggesting the value of the hybrid approach. A class can be developed in both the traditional and virtual environment and the hybrid class is the bridge between the two. Much valuable information comes from developing all three aspects.

John,

I agree, hybrid really does work well.

Best,

Jon

First step is to access a learning mangement system (LMS) such as Blackboard or etutor then follow through on any training provided on how to implement your modules.

Go Google an e-learning support system for online courses. You don't have to be a techno whiz to launch your e-course online.

Good Luck!

Well, you'll have to go through the online platform that your school offers. Unfortunately, they're all slightly different. However, your school might offer training sessions to teach your how to put an online course together. I've taken some great training courses on using BlackBoard.

Sign In to comment