Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Assessment

I work in a music production school. Some of our courses require that the student must perform tasks on Audio equipment that the normal musician would not have laying around requiring them to come to the campus. I think this is a great thing but it still limits the "distance learning" model in my mind. I have thought of contracting out to studios in different regions to help accommodate the distance learner and or having a remote truck that would tour certain regions for the assessments. This seems like it could become a costly venture. Has anyone dealt with this situation?

John-Reed,
I have not dealt with the music production portion, but have had to help find hands-on for medical students. You can usually find someone in a surrounding area to help, sort of like a proctor. One way to find these ares is to be on LinkedIn.

Shelly Crider

It is highly recommended that very comprehensive testing be provided for upper level science, pre-healthcare students.

Anne,
I like this statement, as we want students to know what they are doing, which means students must be able to show what they know at the end of class.

Shelly Crider

Sign In to comment