Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Quizes

I like the idea of using our quizzes to build learning and unlimited tries. It makes me wonder if we should build more quizzes into our CD 2600 class.

one of the classes I facilitate used to have online weekly quizzes and the students did much better on the midterm and final then when they were removed. I put them back into the course as study guides.
Susan

I too like administering quizzes. I am in favor of offering unlimited attempts to build students confidence.

I also like the concept of confidence building in quizzes. The process of going back to find correct answers and get a perfect score ends up being a research process where learning occurs too.

I am a big proponent of quizes. I believe that small quizes every so often are what help you know if you have absorbed the info. They will help you get a better grade on the final!

I like the idea of these being accessible for a study guide. Do you use the same question for the test or do you re-state these in a different way?

I like the idea as the use of quizzes as study guides. I do not teach any online courses as of now, but I hope to in the future, and one of my concerns is that they may be using the book to do the quiz. If I give them open note, timed quizzes, I feel like I am allowing them to get a better idea of where they can find the info in the future when they need it. In the discipline I teach, there is no need to memorize while in school, but it is more important to learn where to get the info you need while working on a project. That is the learning objective, and to understand how the business works on a basic level.

I like that point. We all can remember everything ,But if we know how and where we can get the info we need helps alot.

I only give quizzes, not tests. I also give assignments that put the ,material into practice. For example, when studying contracts, I give them a fictitious client and have them write a contract.

Andrea,
I like that! Many students do not realize how important writing can be!

Shelly Crider

Andrea, I distinguish between quizzes and assessments. That said, the basic difference between a learning activity quiz and student assessment is a learning activity provides for immediate and formative feedback to your learner in supporting the attainment of the learning objectives, and is used as an instructional strategy to facilitate transfer of learning. To that end, learning activity quizzes should not be "scored".

Conversely, a student assessment is used to measure the competency level of your learners and attainment of the criteria as stated in the learning objectives, and does not provide for immediate feedback to your learners.

Sign In to comment