Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Comment on Kathleen Watts's post: Yes you can capture an individuals attention and help them learn by accessing what make them tick what they do for fun ie hobbies

Comment on Andrea Winslow's post: I am a kinesthics learner as well I obtained so much knowledge by hands on techniques. Many of my students have stated that they are hands on learners as well.

Definitely great information and ideas to help our students learn.

Our students do complete a learning styles assessment, but I sometimes wonder how accurate it is. I have a struggling learner right now. Tomorrow, I will ask him how he learns a new hobby. I hope his answer will give me insight on how he learns better. 

I will ask the 60 second question during our first meeting. This will help me adjust my approach right from the start, facilitating engagement and success. 

I like using the assessment upfront to determine learning styles early on. Adjustments in teaching styles would be easier to change earlier in the class. 

You can deteermine a students particular learning style by performing 60-second questions.

The 60 second assessment will be a great addition to the first day of class, to see what type of learners the students are.

I have learned from this module that how to assess and utilize a learner's frame of mind.

Sign In to comment