Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Follow-up with past students

It would be great to have many or all previous students come back and share but they are probably working. If they cannot come I was thinking of creating a photo, memory book that they can email me to share without physically coming to visit.

Lila, you could also ask them to video themselves using their smart phone or device and email it to you so you can show it to your students.

Michele Deck

I love the idea of the Photo book. I'm also thinking of asking them to send an inspirational quote to help motivate the students in the classes behind them.

I do have post students come and talk to the newer ones. They usually have many questions for the post student and seems to put their mind at ease about getting through classes, graduating and finding employment.

Michele, this is an excellent idea and thank you for sharing it.

Michele Deck

Tammy, I hope this awareness of your personal favorites helps you to be an even better teacher than you are now.

Michele Deck

I have my graduates ask their coworkers to video them on the job and forward it to me to show my classes. I also take photos of my externs in action and post them around the classroom. Graduates are also very willing to share experiences via email, so I assign email buddies.

@Lsterling :I like this idea. How often would you update and what would be the requirements to be "put" into the book?

Sign In to comment