Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Adults love stickers!

My adult students look forward to receiving stickers for work done well or for putting extra effort into their assignments. Stickers are inexpensive, can be fun and encouraging, and are easy to use. Many of my students group their stickers on visually prominent items, such as their ID badge or on a notebook cover. These collections act as a motivator and as a conversation starter for new students who ask, "where did those come from?" Stickers have often sparked positive competition within my student population.

Raylene, the idea of receiving recognition for their efforts is the motivator here. Keep up the good work.

Michele Deck

I give simple smiley faces on work that is exceptional. If I forget the smiley face, they are quick to point that out.

Stacey, it's amazing how such a small positive act has such impact.

Michele Deck

I like to give my adult students holiday themed trinkets; Halloween, Easter, St.Patrick's...whatever holiday is just around the corner. They love pencils, small notebooks and headbands. As many of them have young children, they are often very pleased to be able to take them something from their (the parent's) "school" to give to the little ones!

Wendy, thank you for sharing your reward system with us. I like holiday themed items as well and buy them by the gross (144) from carnival stores.

Michele Deck

I write positive words on work that is a high grade such as 'great, wonderful, fabulous, fantastic, excellent' and so on. My students look at me and smile and hold up the work to show they read it and are excited they did so well.

Jessica, I like how you have made this activity hands on and a safe way to express feelings in class. It sounds like a celebration to me!

Michele Deck

Sign In to comment