Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Visual Methods

Most people respond to Visual Methods because they are hands on learners.

I like Visual Methods, I just think that some of the activities in this module are a little too confusing for some students to grasp.

It is hard to describe visual methods with just words...maybe in the future, if you were to see these in action, they might be less confusing.

I agree. I too am a visual learner so when I teach I incorporate alot of this in my classroom.

Mark,
I agree with you in that students tend to respond positively to visual learning methods of instruction.

I honestly think that it doesn't matter what program you are in, almost everyone needs tangible items to recall!

I agree, Lisa. Tangible items makes recall fast and more concrete for hands on learners.

I myself am a visual learner and try to incorporate visual learning techniques when I am teaching med term.

It's good to now your styles and to be able to teach in the two modes that are not your favorites so you can reach everyone.

I know 80% of learners are visual, but I feel that more information should be given on Auditory learners also. I think visual learners are sucessful because they are witnessing what is being taught, demonstrated, and learned.

Well spoken! Students enjoy hands on because it seem to trigger their minds and keep them interested in the lessons at hand. Hands on skills is a great asset to learning.

I agree with this, too.

I agree because I am a visual learner, myself.

I definitely agree. In my experience as a tech, hands on is the name of the game. You learn quickly from your mistakes and rarely do you make that mistake again. The same with students, when corrections are made they retain the information much faster and improve with better results.

Hands on practice is the best strategy, I agree.

I too have found that hands on is a good technique.
I often have the students come up and write and draw on the board what we just finished discussing. An example is the heart and the path of blood through it.

Sign In to comment