Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Great, thanks for the update, Nedi!

I like to change the method I group students from time to time. Sometimes I like to group students who are at different stages together. However, at times I like to place students who are at the same level together. This works especially well when there's no competition involved. I'm always amazed by who will rise to the occasion and will lead the group, but who would have sat on the sidelines in a group that was perceived to be more advanced.

You have definitely found the power of group work, Lou. Your learners will benefit from your insights. Thanks for sharing, and keep up your good work!

Some books do have software with games and quizzes that help the students retain information. These resources also provide quick feedback to build the students' confidence. I pair students and encourage them to support their choices for the answers to the test questions.

Yes. I lecture and when forming teams I mix different stages of learners together. They can draw from one another and make a strong team.

Yes, mixing learners who are at different stages is a great strategy to equalize learning and foster cooperation and teamwork, both of which are needed in the job market.

I strategically put certain students on certain teams to avoid the chances of students of the same age grouping together.I do have all ages and all student enjoy games no matter what their age is.

Mixing your learners in ways that cause the dynamics to work is a smart teacher strategy.

Many textbook have interactive learning tools that are included with the text and instructor material. If this is the case, you can make computerized assignments that the students can use at any time during the course.

I like the idea of cooperative group learning. I think everyone brings something different to the class and this is a great way of maximizing the contributions from all the students in the class. I have my students each construct a powerpoint about 1 of the diseases covered in their book. They must present it to the class in an interesting and informative format with photos, bulleted explanations, diagrams, and captions. I find this to be a wonderful learning experience for everyone.

In my personal opinion it does not matter what faze a student is during terminology. Students are going to be required to learn different parts of medical terminology at one point in time. Even if they donot know the information or have not got to that point, it will be beneficial to learn so that when they get to that point they will understand what it is that they are going to learn in the future.

Sign In to comment