Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Medical Terminology

Having a triva game would also be another way to utilize learning in medical terminolgy

Trivia is something I have used with great success and I suggest you use it, too.

I also use this method from time to time in my classroom as well, I also make up games like jeopardy and family fued with the words and it seems to help.

Jeopardy & Family Fued are fun familiar ways to get the students recognizing & remembering words. It's amazing to see how much more "excited" the students get about learning the words when there is a fun & competitive way to do so, while being in a safe & fun environment.

The safe, fun and familiar format of games shows works to engage students in learning what could be dry content, Jillian. Keep using these formats and you will see success.

Trivia games are a great help,even simple games such as 'hangman'do wonders with student recall and participation.

Jon, I haw used hangman as well with great success. The key is interaction, whichever form you choose.

I use hangman also along with puzzles and trivia games.

I have tried hangman in my classes before and the students really liked it.

In the past, my students did not like the word search activity.

I've recently tried pictionary in the classroom and the students as a whole seem to enjoy it. There are a few that don't like anything I try but the majority does.

The class has mentioned that they would like to play hangman so we are going to next week on review day.

There is an old saying, "You can please some of the people all of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time." Do your best and do not focus on the one or two that don't like it, but focus on the ones that do.

I split them into groups and ask individual questions. If they can get the answer with no help from their group they earn more points for the group. If they need help they still earn points but at a reduced amount.

For directional terminology and body parts, "Simon says" was a success in our class. This also enables the students to get up and move around a little bit.

Thanks again for another great idea. I sometimes play "Reverse Simon Says" so that the students have to do the opposite, such as the thing Simon doesn't say to do.

How do you do trivia questions?

hangman gets the class together in a friendly competitive sort of way. i use a medical term they may not be familiar with and they can ask me questions for clues. its makes them apply something they have already learned.

Rose Ann, thanks for sharing this idea, it is easily adaptable.

Michele Deck

Sign In to comment