Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Reinforcement

Students love to use many varieties of reinforcements. I use crosswords and word searches in my classroom. I will definitly incorporate the use of a mystery word each week!

There are many resources that are free that can be used to create puzzles in a matter of minutes. I like using word scrambles for Med Terms rather than crosswords sometimes

I have used word scrambles with fill in the blank review pages as well. Thanks for you suggestion of the free resources.

I like using the "mystery word"--I think i could incorporate that into most any class i am teaching--thanks for the idea!!

I have students who seem to work faster on class room assignments. I now can use the tools that were suggested especially the word search and crossword puzzles to fill in the gaps of time.I teach a medical coding course and the students forget some of their terminology from the couse before this would be a good way to reinforce learning thanks

I use crosswords and words searches oftern to reinforce terminology. I also use flash cards to liven up the classroom.

Flash cards that contain words and relevant pictures are the best kind to use, if you create the sets yourself.

I never have done the mystery word. I will do that next class period and see how it goes.

I also use the crosswords and word search. They seem to be helpful.

I'd be interested in hearing how your students liked this idea. Good luck!

I never actually thought about word scrambles. I usually hand out crossword puzzles. I am going to try that to change up the "usual" puzzles they get in class!

I use powerpoints programs with colorful backgrounds. We review the medical prefixes, combining forms, and suffixes in the powerpoint every class meeting. I believe this help them retain these words.

Review and multiple repetition will be the key to success with terminology.

Reviewing the material with multiple repetition will be the key in my opinion to success with terminology.
Have fun too.... !!

Sign In to comment