Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

baseball or flip card

I really like these ideas! I have been teaching Medical Terminology now for about 1.5 years and it is a tough course. I explain it as building a home, you need to have a sturdy foundation otherwise everything around just crumbles. Med Term is that foundation. It IS a new language, and as is with all languages, it takes dedication and work to master. This doesn't come easy and it's not suppose to. I try everything I can to make the class more interactive and enjoyable, although there are times I just feel defeated. I must admit, jeopardy helps! I have modified it for early use in the term, midterm, and then as a final review. All times it has been a success.
Any suggestions where, aside from here and google, that I could find more games to incorporate. I have searched high and low, without any success.
After reading about flip card though, that sounds like a great way to introduce prefixes and suffixes! I can't wait to try that one out. Baseball might be interesting too. I'm definitely excited to try these two out, at least!

I like the baseball concept because it adds a element of fun.

I have also been teaching Medical Terminology for about the same amount of time.  I love these ideas and will be trying a few next term

I've been teaching Medical Terminology for 9 years and already utilize some of these teaching tools.  Flip or flash cards are really effective and I use them for teaching Pharmacology as well as Medical Abbreviations.  However, these don't work for everyone and other strategies are needed for these students.

I haven't used the baseball, but am going to try it and think it will be great for breaking up the lecture, refocusing and having some fun.  I will also check out "Big Board Facts" online.  Thank you for the tip.

Sign In to comment