Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Using different methods of teaching like games in medical terminology

I find that using different techniques especially for medical terminology that these different games or approach will engage the students more

Cathy, it's all about engagement of learners. It might be tough to do this all the time, but it is our goal.

Michele Deck

Using games to enhance learning has proven very helpful as long as we keep the games relevant and on point. I as the instructor enjoy seeing the students engaged. Overall grades are better as they enjoy the learning approach.

Clifton, using relevant, content containing activities in class is the key.

Michele Deck

Yes I do agree. It's good thst the students know thst yu to bulid each word with other words. By knowing your root word, prefix and suffix it's very helpful. Repetition and understanding is the key.

Equanda, one can gain that knowledge in a variety of ways, but I agree that repetition is the key to understanding and remembering.

Michele Deck

One has to take into account the type of students with which you are dealing. Adult learners, especially 30 to 50-ish, tend to view these learning games as childish. So when using them I pay particular attention to the class demographics.

Sign In to comment