Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

RE: Smaller Classroom Activities

What additional activities can you integrate within a smaller classroom setting (6-10 seats)?
But still make it very active, safe, and fun...

KEN, how about modeling a review activity after a television game show such as: who wants to be a millionaire or family feud.

Michele Deck

I too only have smaller class sizes. However, I think it is feasible to modify the described activities to fit a smaller class. I also like the idea of game shows as well.

Stacey, it is possible to adapt these activities for different group sizes.

Michele Deck

I have a small class size too (4 to 6). I think using game shows might be a better approach for us compared to the baseball or football activities. I love game shows too, I will implement it in my class.
The crossword and word search puzzles will also be a good idea.
Since our classes are small, we can divide the class into groups of two. Then switch the members of the groups. We could eliminate "teams" altogether and have the students work independently. They can pick a name and mascot for their classroom activites.

Tonya, all possibilities mentioned with teaming and individual work, sound good.

Michele Deck

I love the idea of the ball toss to recap the lecture. I'm going to incorporate this technique in my class of 9. I also love putting my students in teams and running up to the board to write the answer. It gets there blood pumping and they get involved.

Christie

Sign In to comment