Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

College activities

I may be old school but some of these kinetic activities are high school techniques. I teach in a health science atmosphere that insists on correct terminology in context. We may repeat the terms many times in different circumstances but the students must and do learn them.

I am not much of a game player myself but the students occasionally like some fun in the classroom. A short interactive sessions helps them wake up and have some fun with their classmates.

Brenda, it is important to keep the students engaged and moving in association with learning.

Michele Deck

We use active learning techniques in all classes at my institution. Breaking up the day by having different activities helps our students stay focused and engaged.

Deb, it is a necessity to change it up throughout class, I agree.

Michele Deck

I really liked the idea of the wall chart to post different topics and leave them for a review for a few sessions. This would help reinforce different topics that may need to be reminded more than the one lecture day!

Leslie, this is particularly meaning to the visual learners who need to see content to best remember it.

Michele Deck

The activities sound fun, however my class is 40 students in size and I am at a 4 year college with a diverse age group. Some of the suggested activities seem more for high school.

Elizabeth, it may seem that way, but it is not high school. I have used these activities with as few as three people and as many as 600 people in my class at a national conference. I have used these activities for over 28 years with a diverse group of learners and have been successful with them.

Michele Deck

Sign In to comment