Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ball Toss your knowledge

I'm very interested and excited to adapt the ball toss review in my class. I think this is an excellent way to have students remember and important point in all that was done in class.

When I teach the nervous system I usually teach the class how to juggle a three-ball cascade. After I explain the process, I teach them step-by-step how to juggle a three-ball cascade, then I explain that the frustration they are experiencing is the same frustration a stroke sufferer goes through when they are relearning how to perform a simple activity of daily living.

I play a similar game with a hackey sac that looks like an eyeball - my version of hot potato (hot eyeball).

This is an easy game to remember and does not take a lot of class time. I would play this game after the day lecture to give the students some space from the lectures and the next class.

Totally sounds like an excellent way not only to help the students relax from the lecture, it will also give me the opportunity to know how much they retained during the lecture.

James, I agree the sport of the event makes it fun and engaging.

Michele Deck

Sign In to comment