Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Excited for new ideas!!

I love playing games in my classes. I am very excited to try these. I also have played around-the-world with medical terminology. It seems to go over real well.

I love the idea of putting name tags with definitions on the back of the students and having students name the term, thereafter moving the tag to the front. We offer 'career cash" - fake money - as a reward so this would work well. OR an adaptation might include the person who collects the most definitions wins an amount of career cash.

Carolyn, I would make the career cash hard to get, so only some not all would earn it during a single learning activity. By using multiple activities, this will make it possible for moat to earn it.

I am also very excited to try some of these new games into my classes. I hope it will help gain the students attention and eventually teach them how to learn by repetition. I was desperately searching for some ideas to incorporate and have been grasping at straws for new ideas. Good luck with your class.

Amanda, I'm glad these ideas will help you in your teaching. Good luck and enjoy!

I also like the idea of using the name tag game. It gives the students a chance to stand for the activity and to engage them, its a break from the routine. I am excited to try it for our next exam review.

Exam review would be the perfect time to introduce this activity, Zekrayat.

I love the ideas that this module has brought to me. I can't wait to start using them and replace my spelling bee competition.

I am so glad I found this module. I'm teaching a review class to get students ready to take their registry exam. I was at a loss as to how to present the material. I am going to use several of these game ideas to review important material.

I'm so glad these activities will be used and have a positive impact on the review class for the registry exam.

I like that this course has brought new ideas for games to play while teaching med. term. I think getting the students to have a little fun while learning the terms will help them retain the information.

Jessica, I hope you try one of these ideas soon.

I am excited as well. I will start them next week in my intro class. A game I like to play is pictionary. I devide the students into 2 groups and give them word parts that they need to draw on the board. If the drawing team can guess what word part it is they get the point if they can't then the opposing team gets the chance to guess. This is sort of like the "Dean Vaughn" system of learning word terms.

When you find a great teaching strategy, keep using it.

Sign In to comment