Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Group Activities

I think the most important thing with a group activity is to be organized so that it allows for easy interactivness

Mark, organization definitely sets the stage for success with interaction, decreases confusion and makes learners feel secure in your classroom management.

I like group activities it give me a chance to see the students interact with other classmates.

I also believe it is a good idea to pick the groups yourself. This way people are forced to work with others they may not choose to otherwise. I also find it limits conversations that have nothing to do with the assignment from developing.

Peter, I agree it focuses students on the assignments, not the personal chatter.

Having group activities are a great way to see how well students interact together.

It helps students to learn and interact with one another

Peter,
I use the same technique of picking groups for my students as well. I do this to aid with their ability to communicate with other students in problem solving situations. I started doing this to make them interact with others they may not have normally. I do this to prepare them for being out in the medical field and them having to work and interact with all different types of people and personalities. I do notice this helps them in the hospital!

I agree, Tula, our job as educators includes teaching students to work with diverse groups effectively. This example gives them that opportunity in a safe environment.

A few kinds of group activity the students enjoy are medical bingo,jeopardy, and family feud.

Sign In to comment