Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Term and definition matching cards

I think one of the best way to teach terminology is "term and Definition matching cards" but we can only use it for limite number of terminology in each period.

You are right, you can only use a limited number of these per class, Saeid. So use them for the terms that are the hardest for the learners to grasp; the ones they miss consistently.

I indeed to use this method in my terminology class as a review to the material covered in class. I am hoping to increase the students' retention but I also expect they will be surprised at how much material they truly retained. This will increase self-esteem and promote a positive attitude towards learning.

Any teaching method we can use that can give learners a positive attitude is a good method. Good luck implementing this method, Ana!

I agree that it is limited but for to use for difficult terms or for review it is a fun and meaningful tool to help students retain the information for long term.

I have a box of Medical terminology cards that are broken down into suffixes, prefixes,and medical words. It has the definition on the back. We play hangman with them. They enjoy it and learn different medical words, terms and meanings.

It's great to use those cards for hangman and other activities. Thanks for sharing your positive results.

I like to use the matching cards to review vocabulary in the middle of the "term" and before the final exam.
If I have introduced new terminology because of another lecture, I might use this method as a review of what we have learned, and add in the new terms.

I really like this idea. I have used note cards many times before for content reviews but usually write the term on the front and the definition on the back side. Using 2 cards for each concept is a great way for students to interact more while focusing the information to avoid wild answers.

Heather, yes, this allows them to manipulate and match terms together.

Michele Deck

Sign In to comment