Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Attention to learners's expressions

One should alway be attentive to the students personal experience brought to the class associated to a topic.

Walter, not only do we want to be attentive to it, we want to ask them to share that experience with us and their peers.

Michele Deck

I frequently ask my students if they have any personal experiences to share about themselves or family members. I always make sure they are comfortable and make sure they do not give any names for privacy concerns. I find that when students share their personal accounts in life throughout lecture some other students become more involved and attentive.

I too have found that this is more effective and it makes them aware that there are more people out there with problems also. Which this helps them feel more comfortable.

donald, if your learners can connect with a personal understanding of content, then thye can see relevance to themselves from the very beginning of class.

Michele Deck

thea, it is a good teaching practice and one that many instructors use.

Michele Deck

I think it helps keep student interested in class by allowing them to talk about their experiences. I want them to feel comfortable discussing class content

Donna, it is important that the students feel comfortable enough to share both good and bad life experiences.

Michele Deck

Sign In to comment