Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

memory

I found it interesting that emotions are tied to our memory and that this is the key to remembering.
I will definitely use this as a discussion in my next class.
Diane

I found it interesting also!

I agree that emotions are tied to our memory, whether the experience is good or bad. It is up to the instructors to create an environment where we create positive emotions to help our students enjoy the subject. If the instructor is positive and excited, the students will follow.

Sharon, I agree the instructor ultimately sets the stage for enjoyment or fun. That environment is crucial to learning.

I actually used the memory being attached to human emotion today in class to try to help students recognize this fact, and how when we do play interactive games their test scores are generally better than if they are just instructed to memorize by means of flashcards.
Very useful!

Thanks, Dawn. I'm so glad you were able to tie these concepts together so they know the reason why games work.

Flashcards are very useful for my students.

The repetition is a great vehicle for learning with the flashcards.

I try repeating the main topics at least four times during the class and having the students say them to me so I can be sure everyone understands the topics covered

Patricia, repetition is an effective strategy as you have see in your classes.

I use a lot of jokes and real life examples to help my students remember. I work to “place” them into that world. Works for me, even if the jokes are bad.

I like the idea of placing them in the career world they will inhabit after school is done.

Sign In to comment