Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Dots

I love the ides of using dots on clinical sites to help me keep track of what the students are doing and not doing during their shift. It can be overwhelming trying to keep track of everyone all day and who has done what. I liket hat it also gives them some responsibilty as well. I try to instill in students the need for them to get the most oout of their clinicals as possible and that they are just as responsible as I am in finding experiences.

I agree this is a great tracking tool and visual reminder.

Excellent Idea! Instead of trying to ask each student during the day, did you do wound care? Did you Set up the tube feeding, I now can start the day with the color coded dots with each student, and quickly ascertain what was completed and how to direct them to seek out that procedure and find me to observe and complete.

Natalie, I'm glad you will be able to use the dots as tracking tools for student progress. They are inexpensive.

I agree this is an excellent idea for tracking the progress of students throughout the clinical day. I personally hate to track down students and quiz them on what has been done on the day. I would like to assess the progress of the students and find fun things for them to do with the students who have completed the necessary duties and this makes the students more accountable to everyone.

I'm so glad you find this dot idea one that will benefit both you and your learners.

This is a fantastic idea! Can't wait to try it out in our labs.

Sign In to comment