Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I have used the BINGO game since my first quarter teaching and it has worked very well. I use index cards but not with events. I will write dose avail/dose ordered and ask for students to figure the dose given. I also make cards with lab tests and expect them to know what tube to draw.

Matching cards with lab tests with what tubes used for the draw is a nice hands on (kinesthetic) idea and extremely and immediately applicable to job task. Thanks for sharing your ideas.

I usually just utilize the questions of "what tube to draw" when actually performing venipuntures, but that is a very good thought. I also put up at least 2 dosage calculation questions everyday and answer it at the end of my second hour of lecturing.

Reinforcing dosage calculations daily is a great review and a great teaching strategy.

I like the idea of the bingo cards, because I teach a medical assistant clinical course, I will try to incorporate it into their skills requirements. I think each letter in Bingo will represent a different vital sign. For example B= Blood Pressure, they would need to be signed off 5 times on taking a correct Blood Pressure, I might represent respirations, N - Pulse, G - Apical Pulse & O - pain assessment. After obtaining each vital sign 5 times accurately, their card will bes signed off that they met the skill requirements

This is a great variation, Laura. By attaching each letter of Bingo to a new skill, the students will be eager to perform these to cover their bingo cards. Thanks for sharing it!

Instead of bingo we play jeopardy at the end of a term it is a great review for the students and they all enjoy playing. It gets everyone involved.

Sign In to comment